Sunday, July 02, 2006

It's been a while

Wow, it's been a LONG time since I used this space. Most of the posts on it are quite old and, frankly, a little embarrassing. I could delete them and start fresh, but there's no harm in leaving them, I suppose.

As to why I'm writing this, well, I don't really know, just felt like writing...typing...whatever. I'm probably going to end up just posting links to shit like I did before. Original content? Me?! ell oh ell, no. Maybe a little stream of consciousness ADD writing though.

I Cthulhu By Neil Gaiman
Ok, so check this out. I was browsing Wikipedia's article on Cthulhu (Blame Castlevania:SotN) and found this short story written by Gaiman back in the late '80s. Pretty cool if you have a rudimentary knowledge of the Mythos, which Wikipedia had helped me acquire shortly before reading it. Pretty entertaining, but a little cheesy. Seems to be a less refined and far more casual piece of work than his hit novels (which reminds me, I need to finish Neverwhere... I wonder if Adam knows I have it...).

Guild Wars
Still rocks. GW>WoW.
Hit LV20 in Prophecies tonight. Apparently in Factions you can hit 20 in a day, but in Prophecies it takes a month of casual play. Still way better than WoW. I really think the gameplay in Guild Wars gets better as you go deeper, and learn its little intricacies. Glad I came back to this great game, and glad it's still free after initial purchase.

Xbox Media Center and Team Blackbolt's XBMC360 Skin
Two words: Hot Damn.
So, I wasn't really playing my xbox at all, right? One day Aaron says "hey, im softmodding my xbox! It's gonna be tubular!" and I reply, "That is relevant to my interests! We should mod mine too!"
But before I could synch up with Aaron, Topher is all "Yo, holmes* I jus' been modded my xboxen! It's the shizzle!" "Intriguging! I was going to do the same with Aaron!" "Well....come to my place and we can do it tomorrow!"
So, we modded my xbox, and now it's my happymachine of media goodness.
It's real purdy too.
*to bel air

Anime
Eureka Seven: Rocks
Haruhi: Rocks
School Rumble: Dear translators, learn some fucking grammar and spelling. Also get off your lazy asses and translate faster
GTO: Rocks
Mahoromatic Manga: Better ending

Digg 3.0
Congrats to Kevin Rose and the Digg team on their continued success and the launch of Digg 3.0!
If you havent checked out Digg yet, do so.

RadioTiki
For some reason, most people I tell about RadioTiki dislike it. Oh well, I thoroughly enjoy it. Just listen to one show. Do something else while you're listening to it even. It's good.


Silly windows with your genuine advantage notification! No, thank you!

No comments: