Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Warning: Anime


Ah! My Goddess!
I must admit, I'm a freaking sucker for anime that's just...well...nice. That's probably how I'd best describe it. It reminds me of Mahoromatic (which, once I watched it, instantly became one of my all time favorites) in that it's got easily likable main characters who have a not unhealthy, though relatively platonic, relationship, among other things.


Actually - and I'm writing this off-the-cuff - It's actually got a surprisingly large number of similarities. Hmm, I think I'll look up the writers for both.

Anyway, the story is good, as of episode 10. It's generally lighthearted, but I think it might get a bit more serious later on (just like Mahoromatic, hmmm). The humor is there, and is decent. The character design for the goddesses is fantastic, I must say, and the artwork overall is very good, despite being relatively old. (1993)

It's not all just sentimental stuff. There's some action every once and a while, and good secondary characters abound to keep things light. The special effects are good, again, for their age, and the music isn't bad either.

Anyway, I think this is an anime that anybody who doesnt mind anything a little sentimental can enjoy. I haven't got a single greivance to air about it, so I guess I'll just leave it at that for the time being.

No comments: